Monday, February 13, 2017

My Cards and Tags: Collaged Tags

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is to use your favorite tool(s) on a project.  My go-to tool is the Sizzix Big Shot and the die set I use most often is Tim Holtz's Tag Collection die set.  I used both of these to make these two tags:




These were made with hashing and re-hashing quite a few layers in a mad blur of ink and paint and die shapes.  I always start with Strathmore Mixed Media paper if I know things are going to get wet or inky.  I cut these tags out, then glued on strips of text paper.

Next I stamped, colored and cut some hexagons using Tim Holtz's Patchwork stamp set.  I glued them to the tags, then painted over them with white paint.  For the "kind" tag, I added some circle stamping using Tim's Halftone and Rings stamp set and painted again.  I followed-up with some patterned paper scraps and a circle with an X in it from Seth Apter's Drip Drop die set.  I added a bubble wand shape I drew and made into a stamp.  I added a Tim Holtz ruler ribbon number and stamped around it with a cool wonky stitched circle stamp from Simon Says Stamp called Sparkle and Shine.  I also added just a few small sketched circles from Simon's Scribble Flowers set.  The "kind" sentiment is a Tim Holtz Elementary Flash Card.


For the "hello" tag, after I painted and layered with the patchwork stamp as described above, I added a sprinkle of stars cut with Neat and Tangled's Seeing Stars die set.  I added more patterned paper scraps, a bit of text paper, and threw on another bubble wand.  I used the same Simon sets as described above and a Tim Holtz "hello" flash card.



Here are the supplies I used, which you can find in the Simon Says Stamp store:



I can't wait to see what some of your favorite tools are!  Upload your masterpiece to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!


24 comments:

  1. How I love everythign you do!!!! these tags are fantastic!!!! Love the way you use color to create amazing effects! xxx Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tags, Andrea! You know just the right elements to put together and your colors are always, always amazing.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, these are freaking awesome! I spy...bubble wands and some Seth in there too - yay!! Gorgeous bright colors that you work so well, and so many fun layers to these tags - I love them!! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, yummy tags. Love the brights against the grungy painty paper layers. Yeah, big shot, but favourite dies subject to change. Love these tags. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful tags as always Andrea and yes I'm a Big Shot girl too....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love my big shot too Andrea! Your gorgeous tags look bright and happy and full of energy!! All the layering (real and notional) looks fab! Have a lovely week. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The big shot IS pretty fabulous, isn't it? I love the stars you added to the background of your tag on the right. :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. there you go again with that super color combination I so love! Gorgeous tags Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic. The layers are great and these tags just make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab tags,Andrea.Great design.Beautiful colour combination.I have become folllower of your blog.

    Gr,sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How do I love these? Let me count the ways... the colours, the layers, the book pages, the stitching and fabric details and, of course, the stamps! Utterly brilliant tags - they make me so happy.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both these fabulous tags, Andrea. The collaged embellishments and colors are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is totally happy set of tags! I love the mix of patterns, from rings and circles, through hexagones and stars to grids. All this makes this tags amazing. Lovely colors and all the layers. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tags are stunning! I love all the layers, the yummy textures, and your bold use of color. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ...these are a few of my favorite things... all piled up generously on a couple tags!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As always your blend of colours and the imagery you use is just wonderful and I love these tags so, SO much! They are just stunning Andrea and a real feast for the eyes... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are amazing, Andrea! Love your incredible style and use of bright colors! Gorgeous graphical images! Love it! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous tags! Love the texture and colors and all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You always work magic with layers, dimension and texture, Andrea ... these bright, vibrant tags are fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Mixed media is still new to me, but I love the look, and these are just breathtaking! I am in love with the colors and layers.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  21. FAbulous layers and as always your creativity amazes me! Love your color palette: makes me feel happy! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  22. love your use of bright and happy colors...wonderful!
    TFS,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete