Monday, January 30, 2017

My Cards and Tags: W Plus 9 "Fish More" Stamps

This week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog is "Pets Corner."  In full disclosure here, I am NOT a pet person!  I care about animals and their well-being, but every pet encounter in my youth was disastrous or traumatic (devil Chihuahuas, ornery parakeets, allergy-attack-inducing cats, etc.) and I've never quite grown out of that.  So I went with a fish-theme (ok, fish lures- it was as close as I could go) for this week's project.


I started by cutting tags out of Strathmore Mixed Media paper using Mama Elephant's Bowtiful die and Reverse Confetti's Thanks die.  I stamped them with Ranger Jet Black Archival and some images from Paper Artsy and Simon Says Stamp.  The horizontal lines are from a stamp in one of my Concord & 9th sets.


I watercolored some sections and smeared on some Distress Ink with a sponge.


Next up I glued on a die-cut circle shape from Simon Says Stamp and covered some parts of the tags with white acrylic paint.


I stamped and fussy-cut these darling fish lures from a W Plus 9 stamp set and added them on, along with the sentiment.


I finished them off with a simple bit of white embroidery floss to go through the hole at the top.


These are the supplies I used on these tags, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



I know that there are many pet fans out there, so I can't wait to see how you pay homage.  Be sure to upload your genius works to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tags Andrea :-) the colours and backgrounds are fabulous and I love the little fishing hooks, super cute :-)

    Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fabulous day, enjoy :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tags, Andrea! The colors are beautiful and I'm putting that circle die on my wish list. Oh, and ♫♪ Happy Birthday!!! ♫♪

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely the craziest crafter I know :-) I just LOVE your fresh and colorful designs which surprise me each week more and more. Hugs and have a very Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your whimsical design style, Andrea! These tags area adorable!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always adore your colorful creations. I always drool over your stash... love the various tag dies and the different DI looks you used. Fun lure stamps, too-- the possibilities. I do like the scalloped tag with it... cuz... water. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, you just make me laugh!! :) Andrea, I love your little story to set the stage, and your honesty that you could only go as far as fish lures - guess you are catching your pets! Delightful little tags, and perhaps they will go to a pet lover, lol! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are the cutest tags! Sorry to hear you had such bad experiences with pets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading your story about animals and pets made me think of my own experiences, hence the fact that I do love animals but just can't go down that road of owning a pet of my own...the few times I've tried, haven't been the most successful! But back to your projects and I love the whimsical style of these tags, Andrea and I adore the colours you've used which work so well with the cute little images! Fabulous work, as always... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your creations are always so colorful and I adore this ! Me too when I was young I had a bad experience with some dogs, I understand what you say, maybe it's because of this I love more cats than dogs! FAb work! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these beautiful tags, Andrea. The colors and the images are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are amazing wizard at using colours...those little fishies are just so adorable...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete