Saturday, August 30, 2014

My Cards and Tags: Beautiful You

What a fun weekend I've had playing with the stamps I ordered from 100 Proof Press!  Here's a tag I made using their Danita Angel, Big Bunch O' Buttons and Beautiful You stamps:


I made the background by stamping the button image onto these great newsprint-looking tags from American Crafts (DIY Shop collection).  Then I whipped out my watercolors and started painting each button:


As I painted, I tried to blend the colors by dragging some of the paint from one button to another:


I liked the look and may leave the white next time, but since I wanted my light-colored central image to stand out, I colored in the rest of the background with corresponding shades of ink (dabbed on with sponges).


All that was left was to stamp and cut out my angel girl and attach her with pop-dots for a more dimensional look.  I gave her cheeks some rosiness with chalk and added a camera for her, which I cut out of a strip of Washi tape (Spare Parts brand).


I added the Beautiful You sentiment to the bottom and a butterfly to the top corner (also cut out of Spare Parts brand Washi)

I always enjoy making tags because their small size doesn't overwhelm.  So many fun possibilities without the emotional trauma of staring down a blank 12x12 piece of paper!