Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tutorials: Faux Glassine Bags

Happy National Scrapbook Day!  And if you've come here, you've probably hopped your way through the We R Memory Keepers/Lifestyle Crafts Blog Hop and have come from Sew Craft Create.  Welcome!

I decided to make some faux glassine bags for my Blog Hop project.  Here they are, followed by step-by-step instructions:


I started out with a 12 x 12 sheet of vellum, which was enough for two bags.  I cut them out using the ever-versatile Treat Bag die and the Genius Platform.



Next, I sprayed the bags with a shot or two of spray ink and let it run down the length of the unfolded bag.



When the spray ink dried, I folded and glued the bag.  You can see how the drip lines make a pattern at the top of the bag when it's folded.



I added some stamping to the background for a little more visual interest.



To finish off the bags, I threw on a few strips of Washi tape in blues and pinks, added some ink around the edges and wah-lah!  Done!



There are always so many fun dies and products to check out at We R Memory Keepers/Lifestyle Crafts.  So keep on hopping and enjoy the amazing things that my fellow Studio Team members have created.  And don't forget to enter the drawing for this stylish crafter's tote!


Thanks again for stopping by and happy hopping!  Next up is The Creative Mom and if you've lost your way, here's the complete Blog Hop List:

Aimee's Armoire
Benzie Felt Fanare
Cokie Pop Paper
Cutesy Crafts
Ginger Snap Crafts
Gluesticks Blog
Homework
Kutz Paper Scissors
Making the World Cuter
Midwestern Girl
Missy Dear
One Scrappin Mama
Popsicle Toes
Pretty Providence
Scrap Time
Sew Craft Create
Snapping Monsters (you're here!)
The Creative Mom
Tried and True
Waffleflower
We R Memory Keepers
Worley House