Sunday, April 20, 2014

My Other Creations: Hope Collage

This week's theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog is "The Big Stamp."  So being the theme-interpreting genius that I am, I decided to use...well...a big stamp!  Here's how I incorporated it into my project, which is a Hope Collage:



The gorgeous orange paper I started out with is from Prima's "Sunrise Sunset" collection, which I must say is one of my all-time faves.  But I wanted to add some teal and green into the background, so I did that by rubbing some teal and green ink over the Simon Says Stamp Cluster stencil:


And here's where my big stamp came in!  I wanted to create a focal point for my "Hope" sentiment to rest against, so I did that with Wendy's Vecchi's Pricing Chart stamp.  I repeated the image several times (in black ink) at different angles.


The sentiment section itself was simple enough.  I cut some lace scraps and colored them with Distress Ink, then I added some flowers, which I also colored.  I included some fabulous pins from 7 Gypsies and the word, "Hope."


I love this time of year and the feeling of newness and renewal it brings.  In essence, this is the perfect time to think hopeful thoughts!

Here are some products I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



I can't wait to see what "big" things you create with our "Big Stamp" challenge!  Upload your masterpieces to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog so that we can enjoy your work and so that you can be entered for a big $50 voucher to spend at Simon Says Stamp

50dollar_voucher_600px